Every dating service is only as good as the last experience, so our independent reviews give you all the features, costs and benefits to make an informed dating decision!
5 facts about BuddyGays
- You can choose a tribe to find instant gay dating matches - such as 'Twink' or 'Jock'.
- Popular Aussie gay dating site with 40,000 members and 8,000 weekly logins.
- Most members on BuddyGays are young to middle-aged gay men.
- Social discovery site for gay guys to socialise and explore.
- Clean, user-friendly dating site without the bells and whistles, but wholly functional.
BuddyGays is owned by TimeSpace Services, a corporation with a head office in Malta. You can contact the company via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It was established as a friendship or networking site for gay men and has evolved as the membership grows into more of a matchmaking and casual sex hookup relationships service.
Who Uses BuddyGays?
All of the BuddyGays dating users are gay men, and the only registration option is men looking for men, so there isn't any room for confusion here! There are around 40,000 users in Australia, plus tens of thousands in other countries worldwide.
The majority of the users are younger guys, up to around middle-aged men, and you can see a list of new members when you log in if you're interested in connecting with new users!
How to Register at BuddyGays
Registration at BuddyGays is super simple. All you need to do is complete a few key pieces of information, such as:
- Your age
- A nominated email address for correspondence
- A selected password
- Your location (this auto-populates depending on your IP address, although you can customise it if you're looking to meet guys in a different area!)
Once you have provided those snippets of information, you will receive an email to the provided address. Click the link or copy and paste the four-digit activation code into the login screen to verify your email address is authentic, and you're good to go!
From there, you can choose whether to upload a dating profile photo now. That isn't mandatory, so you can leave it blank and come back to it later. There are a few different profile boxes you can complete, such as height, ethnicity, and a bit about you - again, it's not compulsory, so there is an option to skip this stage and go right to your home page.
Here our review explains how easy BuddyGays is to use and the features available!
Profiles aren't massively detailed, but you can add information about:
- Your appearance, such as hair colour and body type.
- The gay dating type you are looking for.
- A status to share your thoughts or talk about your gay dating aspirations.
The search function is free, so you can filter by location, age, or what tribe they identify with.
There isn't a tonne of messaging features, and you can't share video chats. Our review advice is to upgrade to a premium account to send direct messages.
- Dedicated gay dating website.
- Lots of single men, mostly young adults.
- Free to join and create a profile.
- The search function is basic but also complementary.
- Messaging is a paid feature.
- Most profiles are relatively sparse.
- The membership isn't yet large.
- Limited chat options.
- Sending private messages directly to other users.
- Instant messaging features.
- Browsing through photo albums on other profile pages.
Payments for BuddyGays memberships are only available via credit card. The transactions are shown as being made by dvcfree.com, so they are discreet.
BuddyGays is a simple, straightforward gay dating site. There aren't many fancy features, but it is very functional and a great place to find casual gay dates and see who is available nearby. Signing up takes a couple of minutes literally, but you need to be prepared to pay for an upgrade if you find anybody on the site you'd like to chat with.
All your burning questions about BuddyGays dating answered!
There is a free dating app trial, but unfortunately, it isn't 100% free. You can sign up at a daily rate of $1.69 a day to test out the premium features and decide whether it's worth a longer-term subscription.
Just a couple of minutes! After you have filled in your initial profile information, you are emailed a security code or a link to click. As soon as you have entered the four-digit code or clicked the verification link, you're good to go.
Yes, you can upload photos of yourself, but they can't include the faces of anybody other than you. Images must be a Jpeg, JPG or PNG file and must be between 320 pixels and 8 MB.
If you're looking for dedicated lesbian dating sites where you can find compatible girls without stress